A few weeks until Ukraine

Hello,

I am just a few weeks away now from my next trip to Ukraine. This will be my 31st country to visit in the last 4 years. As i previously mentioned my passport has been renewed for another 10 years of travel and can't wait to start collecting immigration stamps.
I received my train tickets in the post recently so I just need to purchase a London Underground ticket on the day to get me across the capital. This is where I will stay overnight in a hotel near Heathrow Airport ready for the early morning flight.
I still need to pay for both hotel/hostels in London and Kiev but apart from that I just need to buy food while im away, everything else should be taken care of as I have already paid to my knowledge. I cannot withdraw Ukrainian hryvnia while I am in the UK so I will need to withdraw some local currency from an ATM in the airport.
The flight time from London to Kiev is around 3.5 hours and I have a car transfer to the hostel waiting for me, then I have some free time in the evening to make use of before the light fades.
The next couple of days will be a tour spent at the Chernobyl exclusion zone and a visit to Pripyat before returning to Kiev. I then have 1 full day to explore the city of Kiev further before I return home the following day.
I have starred some places on google maps of key places i want to visit. There is a free walking tour around the city which i may consider or I might walk around on my own. There is also an app i use called maps.me which can be used offline if you pre-download the map pack for the city you are in. Then all you need to do is turn your location on an use your smartphones GPS.
I plan to make around 5 videos while I am away to be edited when I get back for YouTube. Previous videos from holidays can be found here.

Looking ahead to the next 12 months of travel briefly I have trips to South Africa, Romania and possibly next year I am looking at the Balkans region, which would increase my total countries visited tally to over 40!

Thanks for reading,
Chris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!