Balkans - Ep 01 - Pre-Tour in Greece

I left home southbound to Kings Cross once again on the train, ready for another trip. Upon arrival into London I had a McDonald's which is right next to the station, and made my way across London on the Piccadilly line. I would be staying at Heathrow Terminal 5 just off site at Heathrow Lodge where I have a flight at 07:15am the following morning. You can book accommodation for a hotel here: https://www.booking.com/s/11_6/7d62e267


Terminal 5 at Heathrow Airport.

Waking up early I took the free 423 bus back to Heathrow Airport and proceeded to the British Airways bag drop to offload my suitcase. The security line was minimal at 05:30am as I passed through with ease. My flight started to board just after 07:00am and the flight departed on time. 3 hours and 45 minutes later, and after a couple of time zone changes I landed in Athens, Greece. I had a transfer waiting for me in the arrivals lobby and the driver took me to the hotel. I was able to check-in to my room and later came back down to meet the guide and the rest of the group in the lobby at 17:15pm.

Athens Hellenic Parliament Building.

We took the metro 4 stops from our hotel to the main square for a brief walking tour starting at the parliament building. After watching the change of the guard and walking through the markets it was time for dinner. We enjoyed a welcome 3 course meal and got to know the group a bit better before getting the metro back to the hotel. This will be the end of my time in Athens for now but I will return properly here on day 15.

A video of this day can be found below:

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!