North America: Ep 01 - Arriving in NJ

The first leg of my pre-tour journey was to leave the station just before 11:00am and make my way down to London by train. It was just 2 minutes late departing so no problems there. Once arriving into London I made my way onto the Underground, taking the Piccadilly Line to Heathrow Airport. There was a train already there as soon as I got to the bottom of the escalator so I didn't need to wait.

Arriving at Heathrow Airport.

Upon arrival at Heathrow, I made my way to bag drop area to offload my suitcase. That was everything completed with no delays as I made my through the final security area, and waited for my boarding gate to be displayed.
Everything went to plan with with the boarding process and I was on my way to North America for the first time.

We actually landed in Newark, New Jersey over 30 minutes ahead of schedule so I was able to make my way through the security areas a little earlier than expected. I then waited for my shared shuttle car to transfer me across to Manhattan, New York where I would spend the night at a hostel.

Landing at Newark Airport with the skyline of Manhattan, New York in the background.


I would be leaving New York in the morning but I will return in 12 days to explore properly on my own after the group tour is over. So after a long travel day I rested and settled down for the night, looking forward to touring America and Canada over the coming days.

A video of this day can be found below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!