North America: Ep 13 - New York City

I was staying at a hostel around the corner from the drop off point after my tour finished, so I walked around there to quickly check-in because I had things to do and explore in New York. Once I was sorted and had a quick rest, I went to the High Line Park. The Park is a former train track that was converted into a park in 2009.

High Line Park.

I then walked to Times Square just as the sun was setting to see the famous billboard lights. It was very busy as it is obviously a very popular area. I then walked around the corner to the beautiful Grand Central Terminal. It certainly is very grand and big to look at on the inside.

Times Square.

My final destination of the day was to go up the Empire State building with my prepaid ticket that I bought online. I got to skip one of the entry lines but still had a very short wait for the elevator but no big deal. I took some photos and went to bed for the night as I was very tired.

Up the Empire State Building at night.

I had a quick bowl of cereal for breakfast this morning at 07:45am. I left my luggage at the hostel which I would collect later on, and walked towards 50th street on 7th avenue. This is where I would join a mini tour of New York cramming some key sights I hadn't yet seen into 6 hours.
We visited Central Park briefly, then drove to the Rockefeller centre before taking a rest stop.

Inside Central Park with the city skyline in the distance.

We then drove further south in Manhattan to get a good shot of the Empire State Building in the daytime. After lunch it was time to experience New York by water leaving from Pier 15.
We spent 1 hour on a boat including a visit to Ellis Island and of course the statue of liberty.

Statue of Liberty.

After we disembarked the boat there was 1 more thing on the itinerary, which was to visit the 9/11 memorial. It was a big memorial and fantastic to look at. We took our photos and headed back to the start point where we were picked up at 10am this morning.

9/11 Memorial.

My final task was to collect my luggage which was the best part of 30 minutes away by foot before getting transferred to the airport ready to head home. My transfer arrived and the long journey of an overnight flight and 2 trains had begun. The check-in process for the flight home all went smoothly and on time. I landed in London at 9:40am which was 30 minutes earlier than scheduled.

A video of this day can be found below:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!