South America: Ep 18 - Bogota City Tour

Today I would be making my way home via a connecting flight to Bogota, Colombia. I was picked up early from the hotel at 4:30am and transferred to Lima Airport. I cleared security and passport control very quickly and bought some breakfast to pass the time.
The flight boarded on time and I was on my way to Bogota, Colombia. The flight was just under 3 hours and one meal was included. I was also impressed with the leg room on the flight as the time soon passed. Upon landing I cleared security and met up with a local Bogota guide to start a 6 hour layover city tour.

Landing at Bogota Airport in Colombia.

We first visited Monserrate taking the funicular up the mountain, bypassing the queue with a priority pass. I looked down at the city from besides the Basilica admiring the view. We would then go back down to start to walk the city centre. I was guided around the city and the local guide explained in detail what I was looking at.

Monserrate Basilica.

We then took a break for a late lunch before exploring the city some more. Just as we were finishing the tour in La Candelaria neighbourhood it started to rain quite heavily, so it was the perfect time for the driver to take me back to Bogota Airport.

Walking around Bolivar Square.

I had several hours to pass at the airport so I sat patiently in the departure area sorting through some photos. I eventually went through security once my flight was closer to boarding later on the evening. We were late to board but I was eventually on my way home.

A video of this day can be found below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

Location: Amsterdam