Final preperation for Ukraine

It has been a long 5.5 months since I last travelled but its finally time to get back to it again. Checking ahead for the weather both in the UK and Ukraine and it is supposed to be warm. Around 20 degrees Celsius would be ideal as I obviously can't wear shorts on the Chernobyl tour.

I have tried to budget how much money I need to withdraw from an ATM once I land in Ukraine as I can't convert any in Britain ahead of travelling. Hopefully the person picking me up to transfer me into the city won't mind waiting a few moments while I get some cash.

Everything is packed apart from a few things which I need to use the night prior, pretty standard stuff really. I will only be taking a day bag with me to Chernobyl and a few spare clothes for the overnight stay and radiation check on exiting the exclusion zone. My suitcase will stay at the hostel for the 36 hours while im out of Kiev.

I made sure that all of my apps are up to date for offline use, such as google maps, maps.me, translate etc. The hostel I am staying at has Wi-Fi so I should be able to keep up to date with events around the world via social media. But if for what ever reason I have to turn my mobile data on I can reduce the data usage knowing that everything is up to date.

I have planned a very slow paced walking route around the city of Kiev for my free day. I used google earth pro as it allows a good aerial view of the city and I can pinpoint the major attractions easier. I also use this for animations for my videos when i return home to edit. It can be downloaded for free here.

I have exchanged several emails with hostel/hotel/transfer I will be using to confirm everything is in place and got a quick response from all to reassure me. So as the time approaches I will hopefully enjoy my trip and I look forward to editing and posting when I get back.

Previous holiday playlist can be found here with newer holidays towards the bottom.

Thanks for reading,
Chris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!