Ukraine 2018 - Day 5: Leaving Ukraine

I had the hostel room I was staying in until 11am, so I made the most of it an just relaxing editing photos and sorting them into albums to save myself time when I got home. The transfer I had booked back to Boryspil airport wasn't until 11:30am so after I had checked out I attempted to make a quick timelapse and just played a few games on my phone to pass the time. The driver that picked me up was the same person who brought me here so he knew where to find me and what I looked like which helped. When I arrived at the airport I dropped off my suitcase and passed security and got some food whilst waiting for boarding to start.

The flight time was just over 3 hours back to London and departed with no delays. Upon landing we taxied and disembarked with no delays again and everything went smoothly. I used the e-passport lane to get back into the UK for the first time so I didn't even need to talk to anybody. I collected my suitcase, bought another £6 single fare journey to Zone 1's Kings Cross St Pancras underground station and watched the world go by for a further hour. Even though my train north leaves from Kings Cross I always deliberately go to St Pancras overground first just to use the free toilets. I had plenty of time to spare anyway as I always allow a cushion of time just in case there is any sort of delay in London.

The train back north took 2 hours and I was home just after 9pm after a long day of travelling. I really enjoyed my time in Ukraine and would recommend people to visit. It is visa free for most countries and despite the unrest currently over in Eastern Ukraine, I felt safe in Kiev the whole time I was there. The tours of Chernobyl are one of the top tourist attractions to do whilst there, and I would also recommend that too as its genuinely really interesting to see.

The video of this day can be found here:


Thanks for reading,
Chris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!