Ukraine 2018 - Day 1: Arriving in Kiev

It was that time again, with my suitcase packed I left for the station and was London bound. I had a free complimentary return journey down to Kings Cross due to a train in the past that was over 90 minutes late. It was a direct train with no stops so i arrived in just under 2 hours. I then went into the underground an bought a single fare journey to zone 6 for £6. I would be staying overnight near Heathrow's terminal 5 as my flight in the morning was 08:20am. There was a free shuttle bus to the Heathrow Lodge I was staying at, and this was less than 10 minutes on the bus and a short walk from the first stop. The room was very small but it was what I needed for £36 with a shared bathroom upstairs and a sink in the room.

Waking up early and getting the shuttle bus back to Terminal 5 I dropped my suitcase off and cleared security fast before the queues started to build for the early flights out of London. Boarding was quick and with no delays we departed for Kiev, Ukraine. This was my first time flying with British Airways and I had no complaints with the flight. I managed to get a window seat as i was one of the first people to check-in online as soon as it opened.

British Airways flights at Heathrow Terminal 5

The flight was just over 3 hours and after getting my first stamp in my new passport, I collected my suitcase and met my the person transferring me to the hostel. The drive was around 45 minutes and after a brief walk around the back I found the entrance to the apartment complex. There wasn't a front entrance so it was difficult to find at first. The hostel was just £8/300UAH per night and the lady didn't understand English but once I got settled everything was fine with the room. I had a quick walk around the corner to get some food and get my bearings to navigate the local area before getting comfy at the hostel for the night.

Video of this day can be found here:



In the next post I will be joining a 2 day Chernobyl tour so please check that out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!