South Africa 2018 - Day 2: Cape Town City Tour

The day started at a reasonable hour after a good nights sleep, with a morning city tour in Cape Town. We would first drive up to Signal Hill to check out views of Table Mountain and Lion's Head. We could also look back down on the city of Cape Town and see the stadium used in the 2010 football world cup. Finally if your camera has a good zoom, Robben Island was visible in the distance.

Table Mountain(Left) and Lion's Head(Right) as seen from Signal Hill.

We then drove back into the city centre to do a walking tour. We saw the city hall, high court and company's gardens. A quick drive back near the hotel we explored the area called Bo-Kaap. This area is traditionally a multicultural area, it is known for its brightly coloured homes. We then drove to the V&A waterfront to end the mornings city tour. I then split from the group to get some lunch and have some free time in the afternoon.

Bo-Kaap's colourful buildings.
I made my way to the pickup point for the hop on hop off sightseeing bus. I used this as a way to get to the Table Mountain cable car lower station(stop 7). I had purchased a ticket online but unfortunately it was closed due to winds. I was able to get a refund at the desk, but I was still able to get some good photos from the lower stations vantage point. A little disappointing not to be able to go higher up but safety will always come first.

The city of Cape Town from Table Mountain's lower cable car station.
I then got back on the city sightseeing bus and got off at stop number 8 on the red route which was Camps Bay beach. It had a good view around the back of Table Mountain and Lion's head. I would then complete the route back around to the starting point at the V&A waterfront(stop 1). I would walk again around the waterfront area to find something to eat and saw some sea lions relaxing in the sun.

Sea Lion's enjoying the winter sun
I would make my way back to the hotel lobby in the evening to pay the guide for some of the optional excursions coming later in the tour. One of those would be a tour to Cape point tomorrow as well as Boulder's beach where African penguins roam freely. I spent the rest of the evening sorting my photos and videos before falling asleep.

A video of this day can be found below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!