Balkans - Ep 06 - Dubrovnik

We woke up for the first time on this tour knowing that we wouldn't need to pack our bags as we had a 2 night stay in Dubrovnik, Croatia. Breakfast started after 07:00am and we were told to meet in the lobby for 08:00am to make our way on the public bus into the old town for a walking tour. We took the number 4 bus which took around 10-15 minutes.


We met the local guide which took us round for about an hour then the rest of the day was free for us to explore. I personally didn't want to take the cable car up Mt. Srd so I did the hike trail instead. It took me over and hour as I didn't have good footwear for it but the views were worth it. I also took the chance to get some lunch while I was up there taking in the views.

View from the hiking trail up to Mount Srd.

After paying for lunch I made the decision to take the cable car on the way down for 90Kuna. It was quite expensive but I felt that I earned a rest by walking all the way up. Making it back into the old town I navigated myself over to the far side near a bar called Buza, which can be found through a door in the fortress walls. In the summer months you can see people diving off the rocks into the ocean but I couldn't see any on this occasion.


Door to Buza Bar exiting the Fortress.

As evening approached I found a very nice ice cream shop near the main Pile Gate. A single scoop was 10Kuna and tried the apple, which was honestly the best ice cream I had ever had. I left the old town grabbing something for dinner on the way out, and made my way to the bus stop to take me back to the hotel.

A video of this day can be found below:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!