Balkans - Ep 10 - Budapest

Breakfast was once again at 06:30am but this time our departure time was set for 07:30am so it wasn't as much of a rush. We drove for a couple of hours and after a break mid-morning we arrived at Lake Balaton after noon. We would use this as our lunch stop for 1 hour by the lake.

Lake Balaton.

Driving onto Budapest arriving around 15:00pm, where we were met by a local guide for a driving tour of the city. The drive would take around 2.5 hours with stops for photos in between explanations of the various sights. After the driving tour we would meet in the hotel lobby at 18:00pm to make our way for the dinner reservation at a restaurant.

The view of Budapest from Gellért Hill.

After having an included 3 course meal we gathered outside and most of the group would make their way to an evening cruise on the River Danube. It would take 75 minutes total and we saw all the main sights lit up at night. By 22:30pm we made our back to the hotel via the metro. We looked forward to a free day in Budapest tomorrow where we can enjoy a lie in and not set an alarm.

Hungarian Parliament Building at night.

The next day I went for my breakfast at 09:00am and 30 minutes later I was exploring Budapest further on my free day. I walked all the way from the hotel to Heroes' Square which took me over an hour, checking out some different things that I didn't get to see the day before.

Heroes' Square.

I had planned to spend most of the day in Budapest zoo as I had been around the city before in 2015 on a hop on hop off bus. But when I arrived at the zoo the queues were very long as it was bank holiday Monday. So instead I just slowly walked back through the city stopping to record various timelapses on the way, at a few of the cities big attractions.

Széchenyi Chain Bridge.

For the rest of the afternoon I would take the opportunity to rest and catch up on various things that I may have missed while I have been travelling for the last 9 days. I got something for dinner later on but other than that I didn't leave the room for the rest of the day. I was fully recharged and ready for the early starts again over the next 5 days.

A video of Budapest can be found below:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!