Balkans - Ep 15 - Athens

The final full day of the tour started with breakfast at 07:00am and we departed the hotel just after 08:00am making our way back to Athens. After driving for several hours we made a lunch stop on the way back stopping at the beach town of Kamena Vourla. We would have well over an hour here as it was a late Easter weekend in Greece, before the final leg of the journey.

Kamena Vourla, Greece

The final drive together took us 2 hours and we said goodbye to the excellent driver for the final time. We had a couple of hours free time in the city or around the hotel before our farewell dinner which was scheduled for 19:00pm. I made plans to briefly explore Athens first thing in the morning however some things are closed due to Easter Sunday been 1 week later in Greece.

It was the last morning before flying home so I went to breakfast early at 07:00am to make the most of the city. Unfortunately the Acropolis was closed on Easter Sunday so I walked around it and took some long distance shots.

Acropolis of Athens.

I then made my way to the site of the first ever Olympics in 1896 at the Panathenaic Stadium. I spent nearly an hour here taking photos and videos from various angles before moving on. Finally mid morning I walked half way up Mount Lycabettus. After getting a good wide shot of the city I made my way back to the hotel.

Panathenaic Stadium.

A video of this day can be found below:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!