Balkans - Ep 14 - Thessaloniki

Breakfast opened at 06:30am this morning but we were not due to leave until 08:00am so there was plenty of time to get some food. We had a quick break around 10:00am to buy some snacks ready for a bit of a queue at the border as it was Easter weekend 1 week later in Greece. We also had lunch straight after the border crossing from Bulgaria because we were approaching 2 hours since we last used the toilets.

The White Tower in Thessaloniki, Greece.

We drove onto Thessaloniki, arriving for an driving orientation tour at 14:30. We checked into the hotel just after 15:00pm and the rest of the afternoon and evening was free for us to explore the city on our own. I quickly left my suitcase in my room and started to walk to some of the key sights. It only took me a couple of hours with a decent pace on my own, before getting something for dinner and returning to the hotel.

A video of this day can be found below:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!