Asia 2017 - Day 16: Leaving Asia

Raining once again as I left Tokyo transferring to the airport. I had used transfers in all 3 different countries to and from the airport, all of them were on time with no issues.

Tokyo Airport


I used my last few Yen coins trying some limited edition Japanese mint flavoured kit-kat which were very nice.
I would be flying with Aeroflot for both of the flights back to London. Soon after we boarded we were informed that the in-flight entertainment system was broken, which was not ideal for a 10 hour flight. We were offered several drink refills, 2 meals and a yoghurt/ice-cream throughout the flight tho which was nice.

Aeroflot plane

Moscow Airport


I had a 3 hour connection here, so I grabbed a few croissants and tried to grab some rest in the corner somewhere. The next onward flight to London would be 4 hours but it was OK as I had enough leg room on this flight.

Heathrow Airport


I arrived into London and cleared border control around 21:30pm. I would be staying overnight at terminal 4 again and then going across London on the underground in mid morning tomorrow.
I was able to get a good sleep before my final 2 trains home. It takes one hour from Heathrow airport to Kings Cross St Pancras where I needed to be.
The final train home on the Virgin East coast train was delayed by 5 minutes but I was happy to relax in the quiet coach as I made my way home.

Quiet coach on Virgin east coast train

My video for this day can be found here:



I thoroughly enjoyed all of my time in Asia and would love to visit any of the countries again one day. That's 30 countries I have been to now all in just over 3 years.
Thanks for reading,
Chris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!