1 month to go until China!

As the final month approaches I have 16 more shifts at work before I am on my way to Asia for the first time. This will be continent number 3 after Europe and the African continent with Egypt earlier in the year.

Something I didn't mention in the previous blog was that most countries will need a Visa to enter China. This is something I got with the help from this website. It cost me £182.40 for a 2 year tourist visa as there doesn't seem to be an option for a shorter period any more for UK citizens. This can be done in person in Manchester, London or Edinburgh or sent via Royal Mail Special delivery.
South Korea and Japan thankfully don't have any special entry requirements from the UK and are free entry.

I got my 3 currencies that I will need for this trip recently too. China uses Yuan(CNY) and is approx £1 for ¥8.62. South Korea uses Won(KRW) and is approx £1 for ₩1,489.20. Finally Japan uses Yen(JPY) and is approx £1 for ¥144.08. Those conversions were accurate at the time of writing.

With the great distance I am travelling the return flights are not direct on this trip. From London to Beijing I travel via Rome the flights should be roughly 2.5 hours and 10 hours. The return journey from Tokyo to London via Moscow should be roughly 10 hours and 4 hours.
I have arranged either shared or private transfer to and from the airports as the language barrier will be tricky for me and I want to avoid the public transport with a big suitcase. I will be making an effort to use the subway tho in Beijing, Shanghai and Tokyo but thankfully just with a smaller backpack.

Trying to fit a lot of clothes into a suitcase can be a challenge especially when you are away for several weeks. The hotel im using on Day 10/11 in Seoul, South Korea has a coin operated laundry service so I will be taking advantage of this which will allow me to pack enough for 11 days and not 17 days.

That is all for now, thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip