Location: Germany

I have been to several cities in Germany, I decided to put them together in 1 blog.

Berlin

I visited Berlin as part of an Expat Explore's Northern Explorer tour in August 2016. We drove in from Poland on the coach and spent roughly 36 hours here spending 2 nights in the hotel. On the first evening we had a quick visit to Checkpoint Charlie and then onto a meal at a local restaurant which was included. Checkpoint Charlie is the name given to the border crossing between East and West Berlin during the cold war.

The following day was a full free day to ourselves. Some of the main activities to see are:
  • The Berlin Wall(Free) remains all over the city and some parts remain in good condition with original graffiti to view.
  • Brandenburg Gate(Free)
  • Reichstag Building(Free with advance booking) is where the German parliament is.
  • Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe(Free)
Brandenburg Gate.
My video from my video in Berlin can be found below:


Munich

I visited Munich in the summer of 2015 as part of Expat Explore's Eastern Highlights tour.
This was the tour start and end point so we visited twice in the 11 days. On the first day we met up with the rest of the group, had a little walk through the city centre to our included meal.

Town Hall in Marienplatz.
On the final day of the tour when we returned to Munich from Austria, half of the group had a goodbye drink at the HofbrÀuhaus am Platzl. This is a 3 storey beer hall dating back to the 16th century. The interior of this building is typical of the Bavarian region.

One of the main attractions of Munich is Neuschwanstein Castle but I didn't get around to visiting whilst here.

Nuremberg

After leaving Munich on the 2nd day before heading east to some of Europe's eastern capital cities, we had one more city to visit in Germany and that was Nuremberg. We had a couple of hours to explore here for lunch so most of us went to Nuremberg Castle before grabbing some food.


Hamburg

I visited Hamburg in July 2016 as part of the same tour as Berlin above. We spent half a day here on the 2nd day after departing from the Netherlands. I have so many great memories from the Northern Explorer tour that I don't really remember much from Hamburg. But I do remember the weather been very nice in the late afternoon so I was able to get some great photos.


Sankt Goar(Rhine Valley)

My first visit to Germany on my own was part of my first Expat Explore Taster Tour this was in August 2014. After leaving the beautiful Switzerland we moved into Germany and into Rhine Valley for a cruise. There are lots of a castles to be viewed from the river as we cruised for about an hour. We also experienced Sankt Goar whilst in the area and stayed the night here. They have the largest free hanging cuckoo clock here.

Rhine Valley

Hannover

I have also visited Hannover on the drive from Berlin to Amsterdam, but this was just a 1 hour lunch stop. This was enough for food and a quick walk around the town centre shopping area before heading back to the coach.

I believe Germany to be my most visited country with 6 cities after my own of the UK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!