Location: Paris

I first visited Paris in August 2014 as part of an organised tour by Expat Explore. This particular tour that I did was a taster tour of Europe, consisting of 5 countries in just 7 days. This started and finished in London going via Paris(France), Interlaken(Switzerland), Rhine Valley(Germany), Amsterdam(Netherlands) and finally Bruges(Belgium) before heading back to London. If you are interested in this tour it can be found here.
I visited Paris again in May 2017, this time on a different tour London to Rome. I try to visit different places when i travel but as I didn't get to the top of the Eiffel tower last time I was there I made it a goal to do that this time.



As you can see I successfully made it to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I walked half way up to the 2nd floor then took the lift to the summit. You can buy tickets in advance if you want or you can just do it on the day by joining the queue. The cost of the entry fee to walk to the 2nd floor and then lift to the top is €7+€6 making €13 total. Or if you want to just use the lifts all the way to the top its €17 at the time of writing.

Some of the other popular sites while in Paris are:
  • Montparnasse Tower(€17) which gives you a great view of the Eiffel Tower itself.
  • The Louvre(€15) which is closed on Tuesdays is the world's largest art museum.
  • Arc de Triomphe(€12) which gives you a great view down the Champs-Élysées.
  • Notre-Dame(Free) is medieval Catholic cathedral.
 
Outside The Louvre

Overall I like Paris as a city and would recommend the visit. It has easy access from London on the Eurostar trains for around £60 if you book well in advance.
Below is my video that I made from visiting recently in May 2017.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!