5 Weeks to go until my holiday to Asia!

Hello, I'm Chris.

In October 2017 I will travel to Asia for the first time travelling to China, then onto South Korea and finally onto Japan before heading back to the UK.

Most of my travelling to date has been in Europe, with a few other trips to Russia, Egypt & Dubai.
In total I believe I have been to 27 countries as an adult so after this holiday it should be 30 countries which will also tie with my age.

I will spend approximately 10 Days in China visiting the cities of Beijing, Xi'an, Chengdu & Shanghai. Moving onto Seoul, South Korea for 2 days where i will take a DMZ & JSA tour to the border with North Korea. Concluding my collective trip in Japan for 4 full days visiting Tokyo, before joining and organised tour to Mount Fuji, Kyoto and Nara.
All together in total it should be around 17 days when you include the return flights from London, UK.

I have already purchased some travel money for the 3 separate countries as I tried to budget before i leave exactly how much I will need for food, transport and other expenditures on my way!

I also bought a waterproof GoPro style camera(Campark brand) with a 64gb MicroSD card to record extra footage should it rain. I have several spare batteries along with a chest mount and head mount for various angles depending on the situation.
I was debating buying a DJI Spark drone but I don't feel i would use it enough to justify buying it, plus there are many restrictions in China for drone usage within the 6th Beijing ring road so the only place it would realistically get used is at the Mutianyu great wall.

For previous holiday photos you can view them on Imgur here.
For previous holiday videos you can find a YouTube playlist here.

This is my first post so hopefully this is a good starting point and I will post again nearer to the time.
Thanks for reading,
Chris Dyson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!