Further planning ahead for China

Hey, back with another blog post!

A lot of my bookings for this Asian trip were made through Viator. As I get nearer to the time of travel I need to email the relevant people to reconfirm all of my individual bookings. These include 5 private transfers to and from the hotels, and also the tours in the 3 different countries themselves. So in total it should 8 different companies to email. I plan to do this in the 1st week of October before I travel as accessing email in China could be a problem with so many websites/apps blocked by the government. Thankfully the tours allow you to join with an e-voucher confirmation, but I will print off a physical copy as a backup anyway.

Pretty sure I have just about everything bought I need now apart from just a couple of items. I still need to buy a small cheap disposable mask should I need it if the pollution does get bad while im in the big cities. Hopefully I won't need it but I have seen some images, especially in Beijing where it can be particularly bad. I have mentioned before I have considered buying the DJI Spark drone and I thought about it more but I still don't feel I would use it enough for it to be worthwhile buying. The final major thing to consider is my suitcase. I like the suitcase I have as it big and also light, but one of the wheels is worn. As this is a long trip I should probably get a new one but I don't actually mind carrying it if I have to for short distances especially as I have the transfers pre-booked anyway so there won't be too much public transport.

In Europe the standard weight restriction seems to be 20kg, but as this is a long haul international flight, they all seem to be 23kg which allows me another 3kg. Normally when i travel anyway its around the 18kg total weight so this extra flexibility is definitely a welcome bonus. I have started to plan ahead with toiletries, for example I have half full deodorant, half full shampoo, half full toothpaste to also reduce the weight further.

Going to hopefully have a play around with my Campark(GoPro style) camera this week to practice editing some videos. I plan to try make some vlogs while in Asia, and I have already made some YouTube thumbnail templates on Canva. Some of my previous editing from holidays can already be found on YouTube here.

That's it for now, thanks! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All my travel Videos from 2014-2019

South America: Ep 03 - Valparaiso Day Trip

1 month to go until China!